Thursday, November 20, 2003

More NUEN 101 stupidity

There was a homework question that said something like "What is the average power for a house? 10kW, 40kW, 100 kW" (except it was worded better). The same blonde ninny I was talking about on my previous post complained that it wasn't a good question because it was over an indefinite time, so you couldn't find the answer. She managed to get about half the class saying, "Yeah, she's right! What time period?" Before me, my friend, and the teacher explained to her the concept of "power" as being a function of time.

If it were up to me, she and the others asking that question would have been kicked out of that class to go into something less challenging, like business.

I shudder to think of them working in a reactor: "You said to set the power to 900 megawatts; is that 900 MW a day, or what? I need a time period to work with that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home