Monday, July 21, 2003

Too bad it wasn't rated "Arrrr!"

I saw Pirates of the Caribbean today. It was a lot cooler than I expected (and cooler than the title and trailers made it out to be). Surprisingly, it didn't seem like a Disney movie at all. The last Disney movie I watched that was rated PG-13 was The Tuxedo, which was really bad even though Jackie Chan was in it: tt struck me as being exactly like those stupid, low-budget, mass-produced kids-doing-cool-things-and-beating-up-horribly-stupid-bad-guys-and-parents movies. But Pirates wasn't like that at all. It was pretty funny, had decent action scenes, decent special effects, and a pretty good plot (the Black Pearl really isn't a black pearl, to my delight). So that's it, really. It's worth seeing, if you ask me, which is a total reversion of what I had thought before I watched it.

One more thing. Disney is making another theme-park-ride-based movie, The Haunted Mansion. I hope the trend stops before they reach "A Small World" (shudder).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home