Thursday, July 03, 2003

A slight misunderstanding (courtesy of Laurel)

Dear Laurel,

Which of us are carnivores?

Unless I am much mistaken and the definition of the -vores have been changed in the past few years, we are something called "omnivores." That means we are physically adapted to eating both meat and plants.

Were there lions or tigers in the BVSO? Since it is pretty obvious that there were not any present, I assume that you meant to call a human a "carnivore." That is very stupid of you, Laurel. Your calling a person a "carnivore" is akin to someone's calling you a "herbivore." Or just a "vegetable." Obviously, you are neither.

Did your professors at UC Berkeley teach you this?

Sincerely,
Seth the Omnivore

P.S. If you presume to think that I am very irked by your misnomer, you should keep one thing in mind: I'm not afraid of vegetarians or being called a "carnivore," and I'm not a blowhard conservative. I'm showing the same frustration that is present in moments like when, in the movie The Core, the earth-ship comes up through a tectonic plate boundary off the coast of Hawaii. It is just nonsense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home