Wednesday, July 09, 2003

I am stark raving crazy!

I have found that I have the strangest tendency to blend two similar words together unconsciously - whether I am speaking out loud or just thinking of words in my mind.

This is pretty disturbing, especially with the odd mixups that you know I had during our Savannah trip.

For example, I noticed something strange, so I was thinking about the source of this phenomaly... what? Phenomaly? I realized I was initially thinking the word "phenomenon" and halfway through decided on the word "anomaly." That is weird.

The other day at work, my boss was laying down some squares of carpeting over some cables that we had running in a conference room. He had to get another one, so later on I observed he had one more and said, "Ah, you got another mug." Realizing I had said the wrong word, I frowned and corrected myself, "Rat." I was more confused. I realized I switched the order, so I corrected myself again, "Rat." I knew that wasn't right, so I said the other word, "Mug." By this time, I was pretty flustered. I had switched the order of the words; why wasn't it working? Finally, I managed to say, "Rug," and, "Mat." Jeez. That is also really weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home