Thursday, June 05, 2003

One of the fun things about having an advanced counter is that you can track where people come from to visit our site.

One repeat visitor has an IP address which evaluates only to "DUSTIN." His time zone is set to Mountain Savings Time. One person came with a domain of only "STEPHEN." If you are this mysterious DUSTIn, please leave a guestbook entry!

Earlier someone linked from a search engine called "Searchalot" doing a search for "ugly smokers". Thanks to Laurel for this. His time zone indicated that he either lived in Greenland or Brazil. Which is odd.
Someone else visited from a comment that I made on Laurel's site. Here is Laurel's blog entry:
10.40 P.M.
I discovered a large, ugly, painful bruise on my upper right thigh. I have no idea where it came from. All I know is that it hurts. I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "But Laurel, didn't you discover strange bruises on yourself at just about this same time last year?" To which I would respond, "Yes." Observe my May 2002 archive (the entry from the 13th) and see that it is so. I can't explain this phenomenon, except to say that maybe the end of the year stresses me out so much that I subconsciously beat myself up in my sleep. It could happen.

Here is my somewhat disturbing reply based on some internet email hoax I got years ago:
Well, I can think of two alternate explanations.
1. You have been abducted by aliens (they can only come at this part of our solar cycle because of their space drive). You wake up with bruises in a bathtub filled with ice, only to find a telephone and a note that says, "We have removed your kidneys to sell on the black market. Call 911 and hope that there's a spare kidney lying around."
2. Finals time is where you go out to wild parties and get so drunk that you can't remember what happened. You wake up with bruises in a bathtub filled with ice, only to find a telephone and a note that says, "We have removed your kidneys to sell on the black market. Call 911 and hope that there's a spare kidney lying around."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home