Saturday, May 31, 2003

How sad! I was randomly testing google, and I put in lil_beansprout (Laurel's web site name thing). The second link linked to a discussion board about hedgehog owners with the following message posted by Laurel:
From:lil_beansprout
Date:Sun Jan 16, 2000 7:58 pm
Subject:Online autopsy...

Hi there,

My two-and-a-half year old hedgie Agnes died Thursday. I know hedgehogs are supposed to live much longer than that, and I was wondering if anyone can help me try to figure out why Agnes died... it'll just make me feel a little better.

For two weeks or so before her death, she had been sleeping non-stop and she never really woke up. She would move around her cage, but it was a slow, lumbering, swaying walk, and she never opened her eyes. We figured it was some sort of hedgie-hibernation that we didn't know about... and then one day I went to make sure she was still breathing and she wasn't.

Does this sound familiar to anyone here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Losing a hedgie is so hard! -Laurel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home